Friday 6 November 2009

People who inspire me



Martina Cole
I have read every book she has written and love them all. She writes about the criminal world and the dangers within it using gripping storylines and great characters. I find her stories inspirational because they always have a climax or a shocking ending that’s totally unexpected. She writes very creatively and makes me feel like I’ve been sucked in to the book and I'm there in between all the gangsters, pimps, and grafters living the story. In all of her stories you could imagine the criminals of London doing everything she writes about and using the slang language she so perfectly puts in. I believe she has a great writing style that engages you into the book instantly. When I faced the challenge of writing a production with my year group last year her books and her style of writing really influenced me.
Link: martinacole.co.uk




Marques Houston
I really enjoy Marques Houston’s music and the tone of his voice. I have been listening to he’s music for over 6 years. He is a great musician and dancer, and I like he’s music because he uses all the different tones in his voice which makes me not only appreciate the music and lyrics but also his voice. He is a very family orientated man and I can really relate to this as I have a close relationship with my own family. I have purchased all his albums and feel he writes about his current feelings and emotions and also his career. He started as an actor at a young age and developed his passion for singing. This developed in his teenage years and he’s been singing and also acting ever since. Seeing him perform live was always one of my big dreams I had ever since I became a fan. When this finally happened earlier this year it was like ticking off one of the best moments of my life so far. Marques Houston inspires me musically and his determination makes me want to follow my dreams.
Links: marques-houston.com



Seth Rogen
Seth Rogen is an American actor, comedian, producer, and writer who started his career at the very young age of 14 doing stand up comedy. I love every film he has starred. Produced or written. He focuses on issues I can relate to and I find funny. I feel a lot of his films are targeted at the younger adult audience. I like this because he likes to please young adults and teenagers fun, light hearted, funny movies. Seth Rogen has a very distinctive voice that once heard is hard to forget. I hope Seth continues to make great films for young people because he has proved it doesn’t matter how old you are to start pursuing your dreams and starting your career.
Links: sethrogenonline.net

No comments:

Post a Comment