Friday 6 November 2009

Interests


Blood Brothers
I have chosen to add as an interest the musical “Blood Brothers” because it was one of the first productions that inspired me to study performing arts and theatre. I got given a gifted and talented award at my secondary school and was privileged enough to attend Pineapple Dance Studios in London for a week of workshops with two fellow students. Part of the week consisted of going to a workshop delivered by members of cast from Blood Brothers this was followed by the show. I think that the workshop really helped get an understanding of the performance and it was nice to talk to the performers and ask them questions. The main thing that drew me in was the passion and energy pouring off stage. I sat clinging on to every word and song. This is a production I could watch again and again.

Link: willyrussell.com





Chickenshed Theatre Company

Chickenshed is a theatre company. They work using an inclusive creative process which means everyone is welcome, and everyone is valued. I have been a part of Chickenshed just over four years and have worked alongside them to spread their ethos. There inclusive creative process values all our members as equals no matter who you are or where you’re from. It’s the way they have run their theatre company for 35 years; this spreads throughout their youth theatre, outreach projects and education programmes teaching students from the age of 16 right up to university level. Every piece of theatre created at Chickenshed sends out the same message: anyone can achieve in a place where everyone is welcome. And, one day, it will be the way the world works.
Link: Chickenshed.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment